D.I.Y. STARS hours
We have a few D.I.Y. (Do-It-Yourself) mini-projects in 1-hour or 2-hour modules that can be completed and submitted for STARS credit. You can complete these assignments individually or work together and submit one as a 2 to 3 person team. All trainings are appropriate for teachers of any age level.
What courses are currently available?
- Family Partnerships (1 hour)
- Gender-Bias: Environmental Quick-Check (1 or 2 hours)
- Poem with Visual Aid (2 hours)
- Rich Vocabulary Activity (2 hours)
- Cultural Diversity: Environmental Quick-Check (1 or 2 hours)
- Custom, guided research projects are also available.
What do you pay?
- $25 per STARS hour
- All fees are eligible for reimbursement through MERIT (up to $250 per year)
- Custom projects are $50 per STARS hour for 1-3 participants (submitting one project)
What do you do?
- Email Candice to request the training's instructions and documents, and pay the fee.
- Complete assigned readings, activities and worksheets.
- Discuss questions over email or telephone with your trainer.
- Submit your worksheets to your trainer.
- Your trainer will review your worksheets, post your hours and send you a confirmation.